Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Is that You Comedy Central?

The New Year is here and many people are noticing the familiar term “out with the old and in with the new.” This was exactly the case when I was watching the news last night on my choice of news broadcast shows The Daily Show. (I would like to take a pause right here and remember those who were victims of the shooting in Arizona. I also think John Stewart had great insight on the incident and probably put into words the thoughts that were harvesting in most of our minds). So when my news broadcast went on to a commercial break I noticed something wasn’t right, a change was made and I didn’t know why. Comedy Central had changed their logo. I don’t know how I feel about this because I didn’t see a problem with their previous branding symbol. Were they trying to get a little more serious? Was the old logo just not funny anymore? Is Comedy Central growing up? Did this happen when the old logo and the Chanel logo ended up getting sloppy drunk at a holiday party? So many questions run around in my head unanswered. What I can say is the new logo, which looks like it got ripped off of Comcast or even the Copyright circle, doesn’t give me that warm tingly feeling inside. If this logo was a person, I don’t think I would invite them over or even out to a work lunch with me. I’m not saying I can’t change my mind. I just don’t see the appeal. What gives Comedy Central?

No comments:

Post a Comment