Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Midterms!

It’s voting season! Mid term elections are upon us and everyone is out on the street voicing their opinions. Aspercreme and Head-On commercials have been swapped for political accusations and scripted lies. Candidates’ past times are being exposed and broadcasted throughout TV and Internet banners. Some people get frustrated while others eat it up like juicy work gossip you can only get around the water cooler. All these indications remind me that November is coming up close. Another indication was a burst of brief entertainment I encountered while on my way to work the other day. I was caught up in a little bit of morning traffic, but fortunately I found some great political material as I peered above my steering wheel and saw a big red F-150 pick up truck decorated with the driver’s right-winged views. One particular sticker shouted out, “HEY DEMOCRATS BY AMERICAN AUTOS IT’S ABOUT JOBS!!!” I was beaming and instantly felt the urge to grab my iPhone and snap away. The truck’s driver definitely saw me because as we approached a red light, my positioning landed me right beside him and as I looked over I caught his eyes glaring directly into my passenger side window. It was too hard of a glare to ignore so did the natural thing; I rolled down the window and informed him about his typo. He then replied in a strong southern accent that it was a damned democrat who made the sign for him and the damn democrats cant get anything right. How was I supposed to respond? I couldn’t help but laugh nod my head and roll up the window. Thankfully the light turned green and we were off. The big red gas-guzzling American-made pick up truck turned right as I made a left.

No comments:

Post a Comment